Servings: 4 servings
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- 8 merguez sausages or other spicy sausages
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can (796 mL) Selection diced tomatoes
- 250 mL (1 cup) Selection frozen corn
- 750 mL (3 cups) cooked rice
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) cumin
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) chili seasoning
- 2 small tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- In a pan, cook the sausages. Set aside.
- Remove the excess fat from the pan and sauté the bell pepper and garlic for 2 minutes on medium.
- Preheat the oven to 200 oC (400 oF).
- Add the tomatoes, with the juices, and the corn. Lower the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the tomatoes cook, slice the sausages into rounds.
- Add the sausages and rice to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread the tortilla strips on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a few minutes until they become crispy.
- When ready to serve, divide the mixture between the plates and top with the crispy tortillas and scallions.