Big formats, big savings
One easy way you can lower your grocery bill is by purchasing value packs. In addition to being practical and more affordable, they'll help you stock up on food and are a great way to maximize your budget. In fact, your Marché Richelieu has a ton of value packs that will allow you to concoct gourmet, affordable recipes.
Buying in bulk can also help you save time (you won't have to travel to the grocery store as often) and can provide myriad dish options (you can use the same ingredient for different recipes).
Simply add a few juice boxes, granola bars, or fresh-cut fruits in every family member’s lunch box and you’re all set!
Throw in a ready-made tuna sandwich prepared with a fresh Première Moisson baguette and you’ll save time in the morning.
WHAT TO DO WITH VALUE PACKS
Cheese: Our large selection of cheeses available in bulk (Regular OKA, Emborg Emmental, Irresistibles Parmesan, or Le Baron Brie) can easily be added to your pasta, pizza, and gratin recipes. Serve them on a platter as a snack or for happy hour or slice them into cubes for your lunch box.
Frozen meat: Our ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts are the perfect solution to busy weeknights while our breakfast sausages and fully-cooked bacon will be the star of your weekend brunches. And don’t forget our corn dogs… guaranteed success with kids and adults of all ages!
The best tips for saving
It is possible to lower your grocery bill at your Marché Richelieu. Here’s how:
- First, consult your flyer every week for special offers available in store. Look for permanent discounts on a selection of hundreds of products by checking your flyer or finding the yellow label in store.
- Plan your weekly menu in line with these special offers and you'll find delicious options for low-cost recipes!
- You can also create a grocery list with the items you need. That way you won’t make any unnecessary purchases and will also avoid wasting food!
- Another way to save when shopping for groceries is to purchase foods that have been processed as little as possible. A whole chicken is a great way to save and with it you’ll be able to prepare several meals. The same goes for whole fruits and vegetables.
Menus that your wallet will love
Even with a limited budget, it is possible to create satisfying menus filled with easy-to-make, low-cost dishes packed with flavour:
- Vegetarian chili (with canned tomatoes and kidney beans)
- Roast chicken (a whole chicken will be enough to create a delicious dinner and you can use the leftovers for a chicken pot pie, chicken fried rice, or vol-au-vent)
- Hearty soups
- Tartines and pasta
To end the meal on a high note, serve cookies, wafers, pies, and fruit crumble. Delicious and low-cost, these simple homemade desserts will please young and old alike!
Charcuterie, cheese, traditional breads, organic products, healthy options, and more. You’ll find the best quality at an affordable price.
There are plenty of private brands on the shelves of your Marché Richelieu:
- Selection for superior quality products and exclusive items at a low cost
- Life Smart / Mieux-être / Naturalia for a healthy diet at an affordable price
- And our PERSONNELLE brand for your everyday health needs
Marché Richelieu, your day-to-day market!
Looking for inspiration? Here are a few tips for cooking in bulk without compromising on taste:
- Batch-cook recipes to fill the freezer (French only)
- Make your own soup meal in 5 steps (French only)
- 5 good tips to save (French only)
Recipe ideas for small budgets:
- Ideas for nutritious and economical slow-cooker meals (French only)
- Warm green bean salad (French only)
- Quebec Stew (French only)